Like the pro, just simpler.
SOWA Sound Wireless Speakers – Beautiful sound at home and on the go. SOWA speakers offer a 100% wireless stereo portable speaker system.
The SOWA One is just like the SOWA Pro, but simplified. Same size, same audio characteristics and same jaw-dropping design. Use it for Bluetooth or mini-jack purposes or simply as a “join” speaker to your SOWA Pro.
SOWA comes with SOWA Link, a fantastic wireless technology that enables you to connect as many speakers as you want: 100% wireless and does not need to be connected to the internet! This way, you can create your own stereo setup, completely without wires. Speakers in different rooms can play together or you can host a big garden party. It is up to you!
SOWA is for those who are looking for extra good quality. The cabinet is made of 180 layers of birch veneer, to give the speaker a unique and organic look. SOWA comes with an ergonomic grip on the bottom of the speaker, so it can be easily brought anywhere, without compromising the design.
SOWA is created with a focus on quality – not just of the design but also of the sound. We use carefully selected speaker units and Danish-developed amplifiers, which, together with the solid cabinet in birch veneer, are tuned to perfection at Soundhub Denmark. SOWA delivers high quality HiFi sound, with an output of 100 dB SPL.
SOWA has a super efficient amplifier and can play for over 25 hours on a single battery charge. This makes it perfect for taking out in the garden or to the beach. SOWA is even approved to bring on a plane if you want to take it on holiday.
Check out our blog on SOWA speakers.
Sowa Sound Specifications:
- 6 “woofer from SB Acoustics with a sensitivity of 89.5 dB (2.83 V / 1 m) and a compact large surround 30W dome tweeter with a sensitivity of 88.5 dB (2.83 V / 1 m). They offer a frequency span from 60 Hz to 20 kHz ± 3 dB.
- Speakers can be set to play left, right, or a mono sum.
- Dedicated DSP, active crossover and effective protection circuits.
- Volume / gain control on Minijack and XLR ports.
- The SOWA speaker is voiced to perfection by skilled audio professionals at the old B&O test facilities at Soundhub Denmark.
- Stereo minijack line input.
- Bluetooth 5.0 input.
- Inputs can be mixed in two ways: Blutooth and Minijack. The Bluetooth signal is sidechain-compressed to the XLR and Minijack ports.
- Choose between left, right, or mono sum on each speaker.
- App ready: the SOWA system is prepared for later launch of a companion app (iOS and Android). The app will allow advanced users to control the systems DSP settings, local speaker volume settings, microphone presets controls, etc.
- Battery energy capacity: 97 Wh (allowed to carry on airplanes).
- +25 hours of playtime (on 80% volume).
- External power supply AC100-240v in 50/60 Hz DC26V 2A out.
- Ultra efficient, Danish designed digital amplification, allows very little power consumption while the speaker is idle, allowing you to prepare the SOWA system a long time in advance before it is needed for your event.
- Connect as many speakers as you need.
- 2.4 GHz proprietary wireless audio transmission on a totally new modulation technology; not WiFi, not Bluetooth.
- Extremely resilient towards WiFi and Bluetooth signals.
- 200m range (line of sight).
- Low latency (15ms) including forward error correction to secure drop-out-free operation.
- Handle for easy transport
- Supports standard speaker-pipe mounting (35 mm)
- Weight: 6 kg
- Dimensions: 26x26x25 cm
- Battery can be swapped by a small operation if it wears out.
The SOWA team has reimagined what a professional sound system looks like. Combined with a user interface that everybody can use, SOWA is the only 100% wireless public address system in the world that can connect between an unlimited number of speakers and do it with a range of over 200 meters.
Product Comparison between SOWA speaker and SOWA Pro Speaker:
SOWA – Anyone Can Turn Up the Volume
All the way back in 2012, SOWA-founders Andreas and Villads met at the Danish Technical University (DTU). While studying, Andreas was working with large events and had set up countless sound systems, including while touring with massive Danish artists around the country. Villads was always passionate about tech startups, and helped develop Airtame 2, a wireless screen sharing solution. During an innovation course at DTU, the stars aligned as the two friends came up with the concept for a wireless PA speaker system – and SOWA was born.
With the backing of major players in Danish audio, including investors and board members from TC Electronics and Dynaudio, Andreas and Villads launched the groundbreaking low-latency wireless speaker SOWA Pro during the summer of 2021, and the simpler, home-use version, SOWA, the following summer.
At SOWA, we want to disrupt the limits of traditional sound systems. Everyone should be able to set up sound, whether it is for events or at home on the patio. SOWA’s mission is to make it easy for everyone to set up sound regardless of technical experience. We also believe, with our roots in Danish design tradition, that speakers shouldn’t only be wireless and simple to use – they should also be beautiful and contribute aesthetically to the surroundings.